Residents Keeping Busy
Filling their time has never been an issue with our residents and now, more than ever, their creativity is blossoming!
Here are some ways residents are spending their downtime:
- Walks around Lake Searstone (while maintaining social distance, of course!)
- Zoom Meetings, zoom meetings, zoom meetings! From educational events, to fitness adventures and everything in between.
- Revisiting happy memories by looking at photos and videos from past travels, celebrations and milestones
- Cleaning out closets – and finding gems (like a signed print from the Detmold brothers)
- Reconnecting with family and friends throughout the country and abroad – virtually of course!
- Getting in touch with their inner artists – plenty of time for painting, weaving, quilting, writing and more
Here are some additional fun ideas you can do at home that’ll make time fly.
- Doorway and/or virtual bingo – yup, it’s actually a thing
- Tour a museum – walk the Guggenheim’s spiral staircase via Google Street View or jet off to Paris to see the works of Monet and Cézanne at the Musée d’Orsay
- Enjoy a virtual happy hour – all you need is a video conferencing app and your drink of choice
- Grow some greenery – order seeds and starter planters online. Watching sprouts appear and grow will mark your days in a whole new way
- Cultivate some culture – this may be the perfect time for a free introduction to opera. Google “Met Opera on Demand” for programming from the Metropolitan Opera in New York City.
Online RequestJoin Our Newsletter Searstone Brochure