Filling their time has never been an issue with our residents and now, more than ever, their creativity is blossoming!
Here are some ways residents are spending their downtime:
- Walks around Lake Searstone (while maintaining social distance, of course!)
- Zoom Meetings, zoom meetings, zoom meetings! From educational events, to fitness adventures and everything in between.
- Revisiting happy memories by looking at photos and videos from past travels, celebrations and milestones
- Cleaning out closets – and finding gems (like a signed print from the Detmold brothers)
- Reconnecting with family and friends throughout the country and abroad – virtually of course!
- Getting in touch with their inner artists – plenty of time for painting, weaving, quilting, writing and more
Here are some additional fun ideas you can do at home that’ll make time fly.
- Doorway and/or virtual bingo – yup, it’s actually a thing
- Tour a museum – walk the Guggenheim’s spiral staircase via Google Street View or jet off to Paris to see the works of Monet and Cézanne at the Musée d’Orsay
- Enjoy a virtual happy hour – all you need is a video conferencing app and your drink of choice
- Grow some greenery – order seeds and starter planters online. Watching sprouts appear and grow will mark your days in a whole new way
- Cultivate some culture – this may be the perfect time for a free introduction to opera. Google “Met Opera on Demand” for programming from the Metropolitan Opera in New York City.